Openings, vacancies, and job opportunities in Belgian laboratories.
- – POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN MOTOR NEUROSCIENCE AND AGING
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN MOTOR NEUROSCIENCE AND AGING
The Movement Control and Neuroplasticity Research Group consists of a multidisciplinary team of international scientists with various educational backgrounds. This team adheres to an integrated behavioral and neuroscientific research strategy with a focus on experimental studies in motor control and training-induced neuroplasticity. The group has a long-standing tradition in these areas of research. Use is made of non-invasive medical imaging techniques to study brain structure, function and connectivity in the context of motor behavior in healthy as well as pathological conditions with sensorimotor and cognitive consequences. During the past years, the group has increasingly focused on studying lifespan changes in motor behavior and their underlying neural mechanisms. This is identified as a key area of research.
The Movement Control & Neuroplasticity Research Group of KU Leuven offers a full-time position for a postdoctoral candidate in movement control from a lifespan perspective. This position is targeted at an integration of behavioural and neuroscientific research, using medical imaging techniques. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual with an excellent research record in studying the human brain in relation to motor performance. The candidate will take up teaching assignments within the teaching cluster neuroscience – neurophysiology – motor control and learning.
- You possess a doctoral degree in Movement or Revalidation Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Medical Imaging, Neurosciences, Experimental Psychology.
- You have expertise in the use of medical imaging and/or brain stimulation techniques for the study of brain in relation to behavior.
- You are able to take on responsibilities and work independently.
- You are interested in teaching courses in neuroscience and motor control/learning and in supervising master theses in this domain.
- You speak English fluently and have excellent writing skills.
- You look forward to collaboration within an international team of scientists with various nationalities.
We offer the candidate a full-time employment (12 months, starting June-July 2021) in an intellectually challenging environment. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and applied scientific research. It is highly focused on inter- and multidisciplinary research endeavours. It provides its students with an academic education that is based on high-quality scientific research.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Stephan Swinnen, tel.: +32 16 32 90 71, mail: email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than May 25, 2021 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
Please apply at the official website: https://www.kuleuven.be/personeel/jobsite/jobs/60019593
Please note that there may be interruptions in the online application website between May 12-16.